[WikiEN-l] This is the English Wikipedia

Stevertigo stevertigo at attbi.com
Wed Jun 11 02:29:06 UTC 2003

> All I was suggested was that we apply
> basic professional standards to this project. Semi-literature articles, no
> matter how much quality information they contain, do no justice to the
> people who contribute them and the work they put into them, and risks
> turning a supposed professional encyclopædia into a laughing stock. I made
> my suggestion based on the professional needs of a professional
encylopædia,
> and resent having my motivation twisted and misrepresented in the manner
> done by Stevertigo.
>
> JT

Well, I already twice made mention that I had misunderstood you - so you
dont need to spike the ball on that. Secondly - this is not a professional
encyclopedia.

The assumption that there are standards beyond what reasonable people could
produce is fine for an lofty pie-in-the-sky ideology - but what counts is
what gets done. I'd also point out that you *might want to visit the Nupedia
for an hour and read all of their articles. The whole idea there was the
imposition of "academic standards" - and look where its got them.... Nuf
Said. :)

-SM