[WikiEN-l] This is the English Wikipedia

Fred Bauder fredbaud at ctelco.net
Tue Jun 10 09:42:57 UTC 2003

I have had quite a bit of experience in trying to communicate with Chinese
native speakers, including some from the mainland, who are trying to use
English. I have always valued that communication regardless of the various
difficulties that we have encountered with syntax and grammar. On the whole
regardless of whatever difficulties this communication is especially
valuable to everyone concerned.

To crab up and fall into a negative posture is simply rude beyond words. In
the case of Wikipedia articles I can't imagine a more productive situation
than a free-flowing and respectful relationship with the fluent English
speaker sometimes editing a bit for syntax and the native Chinese speaker
grounding material in Chinese reality. It's always worth the trouble.

Fred