[WikiEN-l] This is the English Wikipedia - Ideas

Stevertigo stevertigo at attbi.com
Tue Jun 10 06:12:37 UTC 2003

Vicki's Right - and well thought out...

The Chinese have a different but similar problem.. Their pictographs
originally were sposed to be ideographic - compound ideas to represent more
difficult concepts, etc..

The problem was that Han Chinese was only one of hundreds of varied dialects
that developed over the millenia (Chinas a huge place). To make a long story
short, Chinese today is a combination of ideographic, phonetic (horse+female
means mother as horse indicates a "ma" sound.) deflective ( ideographs one
step removed etc.) and lastly there are pictures that represent things that
noone can figure out how and why the hell they got that way. :)

As [[ethnoconvergence]] continues at its speedy rate - the notions of
holding onto traditional ways of doing things should simply be left to
happen, But this wont happen - it will cause people to get pissy and wars
will happen and thats what sucks about humanity. Funny I just read a little
piece about this in a well known graphic novel - (email for the torrent
file - clear a cd worth of disk.)

But Vicki hits it. I think the answer (in part) is a pure ideographic
system - based on the thousands of years development of Han gi (Kanji). This
could cross boundaries and be language independent. And yes, Daniel, I would
be more than glad to correspond with you on developing this idea further.
Get a trial copy of FlashMX - and email me.

WikiLovin to all :) -SM