[WikiEN-l] Re: WikiEN-l digest, Vol 1 #437 - 15 msgs

Stevertigo stevertigo at attbi.com
Tue Jun 10 05:29:33 UTC 2003

> KQ writes:
> You couldn't have invoked [[Godwin's law]] instead?
> ;-)

I had to refresh my recollection:
Godwin's Law     prov.     [Usenet] "As a Usenet discussion grows longer,
the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."
There is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread is
over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever
argument was in progress. Godwin's Law thus practically guarantees the
existence of an upper bound on thread length in those groups. However there
is also a widely- recognized codicil that any intentional triggering of
Godwin's Law in order to invoke its thread-ending effects will be
unsuccessful.

Jeez this says it all doesnt it?  %)

-SM

PS:::. - I feel I owe the group an a......
po....
Aw fuck it. Almost all o u understand. :)