[WikiEN-l] The Knowledge article, and Entmoot of Trolls anti-Semitic personal attack.

Robert rkscience100 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 10 01:59:11 UTC 2003

A few weeks ago we had a discussion on this list about the
topic of the [[Knowledge]] article. A few people had been
confused about its purpose, and we clarified it.

This article, as you will recall, is NOT about just any way
that English speakers might choose to use the word.
Rather, this article is specifically about the
philosophical definition of how to ascertain which beliefs
are true, justifiable and actionable.  The "Knowledge"
article discusses specifically the philosophical definition
of knowledge, as related to epistemology. Among
philosophers, this topic is widely known as the Gettier
problem.

Sadly, in recent days EntmootOfTrolls has been trying to
pervert this article into a treatise on colonialism, racism
and "SCIENTISM".  Sadly, he uses this as an ad-homenim
personal attack against those people who use science and
philosophy.

Both RotenDam and myself have repeatedly tried to explain
to EofT what this article is about, but he keeps ignoring
us, claiming that we are violating NPOV, and he keeps
implying that we are "colonialist", bigoted, and
perpetrators of "scientism" (which in his mind is a form of
hatespeech or bigotry.)

It gets worse. The following anti-Semitic jibe was just
posted on my personal Talk page by EntmootOfTrolls.

*** Begin quote ***

Hmm. It seems clear from the above that you have general
problems discerning racism and colonialism in other
contexts. Likely being an American makes you also prone to
scientism. You should reflect on this cultural bias of
yours. It is now fairly clear why you wish to establish
knowledge as something which derives either from authority
or scientific method, and why other ways to approach
knowledge are degraded by you, as part of your other
beliefs in a hierarchy specific to "your people" (Jews,
Americans, scientists, "settlers"). You will not be
permitted to hijack articles with these views. It is time
for you to reconsider your attempt to do so. EofT

*** End quote ***

I am outraged at his blatant anti-Semitic, anti-Zionist
attack.  We have been trying to explain that this article
is about philosophy and the Gettier problem.  His reponse?
He responds by slandering my entire people (THE JEWS) as
COLONIALIST, SETTLERS, etc.  (Only in a very anti-Semitic
mind could all Jews be seen as Israelis, or settlers, etc.)

This person should be banned, immediately, right?  I assume
that Wikipedia does not allow one to use racist slurs
against blacks, Irish, English, etc.  I hope that Wikipedia
practice forbids the personal abuse of English contributors
as "occupiers", or the slander of Irish people as
"terrorists", etc!  This is not the way to contribute to
articles on philosophy...or anything else.

Racist comments against Wikipedia contributors should not
be allowed. Are we agreed?

Robert (RK)