[WikiEN-l] Software updates

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Sun Jun 8 23:20:00 UTC 2003

We're now up to the latest Wikipedia software version on the English
Wikipedia. Some changes I and others made in the last weeks:

1) There is a new feature called "oldest articles" (colloq. "ancient
pages"). Currently this inevitably lists first all the imported articles
from the phase I software that have not been edited yet ever since.
Hopefully, as these become updated, this feature will allow us to
systematically go through our old material and make sure it is in good
shape and up to date.

2) Sysops will note that the page deletion feature now auto-pastes the
content of pages that are smaller than 500 bytes into the deletion comment
(only the first 150 characters). It also does so if the current revision
is blanked and the previous revision contains text that can be pasted.

3) The deletion feature now indicates if you are about to delete a page
that has a history.

4) The "New pages" list now shows the bytesize of each page, making it
easier to pick nice, long articles for the Main Page.

5) Some minor layout stuff, some by me, some by others. Notably, the ugly
"It was last modified" sentence at the bottom of each page has been fixed.

Regards,

Erik