[WikiEN-l] Let's get a few things straight, shall we?

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 8 00:56:17 UTC 2003

Tannin wrote:
>What I posted just now was a DEFENCE against the
>personal attack made on me. And you will note that
>despite considerable provocation, at no point did I
>attack the person who attacked me, simply reported
>his actions factually in the most unemotional way I
>could.

Oh? What do you call this:

>... with a non-contributor who's behaviour in this
>matter has been appalling.

"Non-contributor" is not a nice label.

>....the same objector who recently suddenly took
>it upon himself to start a single-handed campaign
>of what can only be described as vandalism

By direct implication you are labling somebody a vandal - again something that
is not in line with the principle of WikiLove.

>... and an objector who practically never bothers
>to contribute anything to the fauna articles in any
>case, just talks about them at great length, and
>wastes enormous amounts of the time  of the people
>who *are* doing the work, and causes a great
>deal of genuine distress to useful contributors.

So by direct implication you are stating that this person (me I guess) is not
a useful contributor?

Pardon me but your statement to Zoe that she is blaming the victim seems
rather disingenuous to me after a read of the above comments by you.

Now instead of more self-righteous indignation how about you list the people
who agreed to the compromise and then offer evidence to support the
capitalization of mammals? I for one quickly dropped my support for extending
the bird capitalization rules to mammals after it was made clear to me that
this is not a standard practice (for some time afterwards I was shell-shocked
from the whole incident - like Zoe - and then I went on vacation).

Do you have logical arguments to back-up this extension or just more
hyperbole?

I guess I have to admit that your scare tactic of threatening to leave the
project over this issue did prompt me to draft the compromise. I won't make
that mistake again.

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)