[WikiEN-l] No problem.

Anthere anthere6 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 7 11:58:11 UTC 2003

--- Robert <rkscience100 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have taken a 48 hour break from all Gaia articles,
> avoid a flame war with Anthere. I also note that
> Anthere
> has done the same.  And guess what?  No more
> problems.
> Perhaps I was just a little irritable.
>
> Apparently, Anthere and I can work together, as we
> haven't
> had any conflicts on [[Knowledge]], even in the heat
> of
> disagreeing with each other on [[Gaia]].  (And the
> Knowledge article, in theory, could be very
> contentious!)
>
> How is our cooperation and lack of new flames
> possible?
> After all, all of us here have seen edit-wars and
> flame-wars on Wikipedia and on this Wikipedia-En
> list, that
> cover multiple topics, for days at a time.  Yet our
> dispute
> wasn't even about POV, on only one article, and only
> for 1
> 1/2 days.  Kind of lame for a fight.  Maybe we will
> disagree on one more topic, for one more week, just
> to make
> it worthwhile?  How about [[Cabbage]]?  No one's had
> flame-war on that yet...  ;-)
>
> I guess there really isn't a problem.
>
> Robert (RK)

In our personal case, I think it would be kind of you
not to make huge changes only in one save session.
Especially when moving around whole paragraphs as well
as removing some of them.
I know editors prefer that the recent changes are not
cluttered by tiny changes, but half of dozen of edits
instead of a big one might help me feeling more secure
in front of your edits.
You might also consider separating changes likely to
be controversial from others.
Let's also assume good faith both of us, so avoid
inflammatory comments in comments box. This gives very
bad image to the encyclopedia anyway. And I am a quite
susceptible person.
Please also try to focus on science in the "science"
article, and on politics in the "political" article.
Please, also, consider taking your time. I am neither
prolific nor quick to write in english.

Cabbage is unlikely to raise controversies, but who
knows ? We could go on Kergelen realms, where C
vitamins helped maintain the health of sailors, and
perhaps find ourselves heading for Christopher
Colombus.  But I don't thing so.

Other crops, such as soya (GMOs, commercial
dependance...) or palm oil (food security, food
dumping, pseudo-food aid) are more likely to raise
edit wars if you really want one. I do not.

Note that I have an advantage on you. Even if an
pediholic, when tired of one wikipedia, I head to
another