[WikiEN-l] Re: Response to Anthere; the many Gaia articles

Mirko Thiessen mt at mirko-thiessen.de
Thu Jun 5 16:44:36 UTC 2003

Robert wrote:

> You are still fighting against things I have not said, and
> agaist positions that I do not have.  That is why the edit
> war existed.
> BTW, I take offense at the insults that others on this list
> sent me in response to my message.  Stop insulting my
> knowledge of this subject; that's just childish.  Further,
> I am surprised to see someone admit that they will refuse
> to agree with me, even thought they admit I might have a
> good point, just because they disagree with how I
> characterized the situation.  Making decisions based on
> semantics is not proper, and does not reflect the level of
> mature professionalism this encyclopaedia requires.

Obviously you are accusing Toby Bartels and me of having insulted you.
Above you claim, Anthere is "fighting against things I have not said".
Ironically this is exactly your problem:

- Nobody on this mailing list has insulted you
- Nobody said, that he would agree with you, if you just would
characterise the situation in another way

Why can't you just think about what other people try to tell you? A
good start would be to stop calling your opponents vandals. Instead of
responding to the criticism you keep thinking, that everyone with another
opinion is hating or insulting you. It is really very, very difficult
to have a fruitful discussion in this way.

I hope, you will be able to read the messages again and take them as
advice and not as insult.

Regards,

Mirko.