[WikiEN-l] Anthere's Gaia obsession.

Robert rkscience100 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 5 00:12:18 UTC 2003

Folks, we currently have an edit-war between Anthere and
the world over the Gaia theory article.

But not over the content. This has nothing to do with
content, or with POV.  Rather, it has to do with his
bizarre obsession with creating his own names that NO ONE
ELSE in science uses, and urging the creating of multiplw
articles with nearly the same name, and almost the same
content.

I can understand when someone gets into a flame-war or
edit-war when someone rewrites their contributions.  But
this is happening when I am NOT rewriting his
contributions, but am merely moving biological scientific
studies out of a social-science discussion, into the
science-section of an article.  I think he is threatened by
science maybe?  I dunno...

Anthere has created, or supported the creation of:

[[Gaia hypothesis]]
[[Gaia theory]] (lower case t)
[[Gaia Theory]] (upper case T)
[[Gaia theory (biology]]
[[Gaia theory (homeostais)]]
(And a few more!)

And ALL OF THESE are on the same topic.  The content is or
was nearly identical!

Being a scientist, I happen to know that no one uses
Anthere's bizarre terminology.  All of these articles refer
to the same set of Gaia theories.  But Anthere keeps
refusing any consolidation.  That's just odd.

Problem 1: The discussion consensus so far has been clear:
Others are also confused about this bizarre naming system,
and want a better naming system.  Anthere's fractionated
current system only misdirects anyone trying to learn about
the topic.

Problem 2: It is a violation of our naming conventions to
have nearly identical content, with nearly identical
titles, differentiated by only a lower-case versus
upper-case letter!

Problem 3: Anthere has effectively claimed ownership of the
article, and currently won't let me add anything.  Yet
(bizarrely!) he claims that he is being censored. I find
this claim outrageous, as I don't care what he writes. He
can write anything he likes, and I am NOT deleting it.  He
is just being paranoid.

Problem 4: Someone has accused me of "SCIENTISM" (whatever
that is supposed to be) for saying that the articles on
this scientific topic should have more science!  They also
are asking me to stop preventing them from discussing
religious and mythological views of the topic...but I am
not doing this.  I can't stop doing something that I simply
was not doing to begin with!

With concerns,

Robert (RK)