[WikiEN-l] There WAS an attack, Stan

Stan Shebs shebs at apple.com
Wed Jun 4 20:18:47 UTC 2003

Tony Wilson wrote:

>There WAS an attack, Stan. Did you miss it?.

I wouldn't call changing a bunch of articles an attack, unless
the edit summary said something "fix egregious mistakes by
Tannin the idiot" or something like that. All I see in, say,
[[Panda]] is "correcting capitals" which to me sounds like
honest disagreement.

Now I don't think that what Eclecticology did was very
smart; it would have been better to fill up talk pages with
whining until you screamed for mercy and gave in. :-)  As
they say, "never attribute to malice what can be explained
by stupidity".  (Not that I'm saying Eclectocology is stupid
in general, far from it, but the collective IQ of Wikipedia
editors is much higher than any of us can muster individually,
which is why we prefer to work together instead of at odds.)

Stan