[WikiEN-l] There WAS an attack, Stan

Tony Wilson list at redhill.net.au
Wed Jun 4 18:39:32 UTC 2003

There WAS an attack, Stan. Did you miss it?.

It was a unilaterial, sustained, and deliberate attempt to flout the
naming conventions that we have already discussed and agreed on long
since. One particular "contributor" (who, needless to add, has no known
track record of adding to the fauna articles) went on a one-man revert
rampage, even stooping to cut & paste page moves. This went on for
several hours and succeeded only in wasting a great deal of the time of
genuine contributors. (Not just me.) It took the combined efforts of
several Wikipedians to restore the sometimes quite ugly hacks.

We have long since decided on naming conventions for birds and mammals.
The question is what are we doing with reptiles, fish, and other taxa?
The sooner that is decided on, the sooner we can stop wasting time on
jaw-jaw and get on with improving the 'pedia without distraction and
without fear of having to re-do masses of stuff.

And without a repetition of Monday's vandalisim, I trust.

Tannin