[WikiEN-l] Tannin, it seems, has changed lots of articles

JFrost8401 at aol.com JFrost8401 at aol.com
Wed Jun 4 18:03:46 UTC 2003

In a message dated 04/06/03 18:14:49 GMT Daylight Time, fredbaud at ctelco.net
writes:

> Good work, but that still doesn't give you the final word.
>
> Fred

So who decides?
I assumed there was intended to be some sort of consensus, as when the
present policy was agreed by all who participated. At present, the lineup appears to
be a few people who, pace Vicki, do not make significant contribution to the
fauna articles, whereas Kingturtle, Tannin, Steve Nova and myself are fairly
happy with the present situation. This hardly seems a clear mandate for
changing the current policy.

Personally, I think it will be a sad day if style triumphs over substance,
and I can't help thinking we could all be better occupied creating and improving
articles instead of revisiting a previously agreed policy, with the
inevitable acrimony that tends to creep in.

There are huge numbers of American bird species that have no articles at all.
Wouldn't it be better to write some instead of wasting time on the umpteenth
regurgitation of  this topic?

Jim