[WikiEN-l] User:Harry Potter

Eugene Gill minty at keergill.screaming.net
Wed Jun 4 09:44:39 UTC 2003

Ohhh yes.

Here is a quote from HP on
http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Cimon_avaro

As we have noted, some of the people "correcting" these pages have adopted
blanket reversions on account of a very povie view that fact and fantasy are
two distinct categories, whereas I experience them as an interpenetrating
dialectic unity. i.e. we can only comprehend the world through a skein of
signification which is culturally constructed and which structures
information. This rejection of hardline Cartesian dualism may also be povie,
but then so is anyones contribution. It is the interaction of us as human
beings which creates some sort of consensual reality, so the whole NPOV can
only happen as a consequence of these interactions. This means we are all
liable to experience frissance with people coming from cultures different or
even anti-thetical to our own. OK that's life. Harry Potter.

And http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Stan_Shebs

It is not a matter of "challenging the line between fact and fantasy" as
this would be to assert some sort of legitimacy to such a putative line.
Rather I am suggesting that such a line is a product of a point of view in
motion and that different people see it in different ways. .... I find your
suggestion that I should exclude myself from this project because I do not
have a naive realist viewpoint hardly helpful. Harry Potter

Mintguy