[WikiEN-l] naming convention for birds and others

Tony Wilson list at redhill.net.au
Wed Jun 4 08:05:01 UTC 2003

Eclecticology manages, somehow, to thow in the phrase "is completely
contrary to any spirit of compromise" to a post above.

This is an extraordinary thing to say when he is fresh back from -
let's not put too fine a point on it here - unilaterial vandalisim on a
major scale, even stooping to cut-and-paste page moves.

Mate, there is ALREADY a well-established compromise, has been for
quite some time,  which, although it is not by any means completely
satisfactory to me or to many of the other fauna people, has been
honoured by everybody except YOU.

An anon or a  newbie who behaved as you did the other day would have
had his IP blocked immediately.

So please don't insult people like Jim - who, by the way, has done far
more work on fauna than you ever will, and who has behaved with decency
throughout - by bandying that "compromise" word around as if it was
your own invention, and as if you you were willing to abide by the
terms of the compromise which you knew all about the whole time.

The fauna pages were an area of the 'pedia where there was no longer
any contention, and no ill-feeling. Until your unilaterial "I don't
care about the consensus, I'm going to do it my way" decision the other
day, it was an area where everybody was working together happily and
productively. Now, PLEASE, get out of the road and let those of us who
are doing the work *do* the work.

Tony

(Tannin)