[WikiEN-l] Just to throw this out there...

Jimmy Wales jwales at bomis.com
Tue Jun 3 23:27:01 UTC 2003

koyaanis qatsi wrote:
> I'm a bit concerned about what I've been reading
> lately about proposed filters.  Before I respond,
> though, I'd like to make sure I understand.  Jimmy,
> what is it you're thinking of exactly?

I'm thinking that we should have a way for end users to be given
content advisories in some cases.  I do not think that this raises any
issues with respect to NPOV, contrary to what some have said.

Whatever we can do should be at least as easy and soft as what google
does -- safesearch can be turned on and off at google with a single
click.  End users can configure it in a couple of different ways.

--Jimbo