[WikiEN-l] The Kils-Viking thing

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Tue Jun 3 06:53:00 UTC 2003

Julie-
> I also think there are
> articles on the site that are certainly more education than necessary
> for kids (Prince Albert Piercing and Fisting come to mind) - and I think
> that we should do the socially responsible thing and post that
> somewhere.

We do. The main page clearly notes that we strive to be a "complete and
accurate encyclopedia".

A disclaimer would IMHO send the wrong signal; some people would believe
that we only say this because we have lost control over the content of
Wikipedia (a totally open site after all) and people are posting
pornography all over the place. We do not allow pornographic content, but
we do allow human knowledge that some people might consider offensive -- I
think that goes with the territory.

Regards,

Erik