[WikiEN-l] Kils sysop status temporarily revoked

Jimmy Wales jwales at bomis.com
Tue Jun 3 00:36:11 UTC 2003

Erik Moeller wrote:
> > I should add that I'm not particularly comfortable with the page in
> > question, [[fisting]], myself.
>
> Any more or less so than any of the other articles in [[List of sexology
> topics]]?

That's a long list, and so let me list some examples of what I am
personally comfortable with.  But let me stress that I'm NOT making
any policy here, I'm just arguing as an ordinary wikipedian, trying to
help explore these issues thoughtfully.

Some of the terms there are scientific terms, others are sociological,
but some are slang terms, generally used primarily for shock value.

[[backdoor entrance]], a slang term I guess, redirects to [[anal
intercourse]].  What purpose does that redirect serve?  Well, it
serves *some* purpose, I suppose, but does that purpose outweigh the
cost?

[[blow job]] is a slang term, but unlike [[backdoor entrance]], it is
a very very *common* term.  To me that commonness adds points towards
inclusion.

[[snowballing]]?

I'm just not sure about some of these things.

Now, please do keep in mind that I'm personally not uncomfortable with
these terms.  If you think that's it, you should probably poke around
Bomis a bit, ha ha.  But I am not so sure that we are currently
handling these things in the best way for Wikipedia.

--Jimbo