[WikiEN-l] Want to advertise on Wikipedia? Here is out rate card

Tony Wilson list at redhill.net.au
Sun Jun 1 09:45:32 UTC 2003

For the convenience of our clients, we provide two different ways to
advertise on Wikipedia. Feel free to choose whichever way best suits
you and your business.

1: THE HIGH VISIBILITY PACKAGE

With our award-winning Wikipedia High Visibility Advertising Package,
you get nothing but the best: we give you 100% full control over no
less than 100% of the available screen space in as many Wikipedia
articles as you wish to place your advertising in. That's a fantastic
offer that no other on-line encyclopedia can match.

But that's not all! We also give YOU the choice of article, and there
is NO EXTRA CHARGE for high-traffic pages.

Want to replace the entire content of SEX with your company logo? No
problem.

Want to redirect the MAIN PAGE to your on-line shopping portal? Go
right ahead.

It's all part of the famous Wikipedia High Visibility Premium
Advertising Package.

This is our premium package and naturally it's a little more expensive
than inferior packages from our competitors, but we are sure that you
will agree it's worth it. Because Wikipedia is an equal opportunity
media outlet and does not discriminate against any social group, we
adjust our rates to suit your capacity to pay. For the High Visibility
Premium Package, we charge just 110% of however much you have.

Do you only have $10? That's fine, our price to you is $11.

What if you seach a litle harder and find that you can pay the $11
after all? Well, then you have a greater capacity to pay than we
thought, and your price is now $12.10.

Or maybe you have 10 billion dollars. That's fine too: your special low
price for you is 11 billion.

2: THE BUDGET PACKAGE

We know that our High Visibility Package is not for everyone. Some
people just don't have 10% more money than they have. In fact,
calculated on a world-wide basis, the number of people who can afford
our High Visibility Premium Package is ... er ... zero. No matter:
that's why we also offer a Budget Package that absolutely everybody can
afford.

For just $1, you can advertise on any Wikipedia page you chose. That's
right, any page at all.

Want to advertise on two pages? Just send $2.

Or send $5 and advertise on any five pages, and we will give you a
sixth page ABSOLUTELY FREE!!!

Don't have dollars in your part of the world? No wories - as part of
the fuss-free Wikipedia Budget Package service, we accept any currency.
You can send US dollars, euros, pffenings, yen, cowrie shells, monopoly
money, or even hand-draw your own banknotes!!! (OK, we admit that we
don't take New Zealand dollars but, after all, we have to draw the line
somewhere.)

Naturally, the Wikipedia Budget Package doesn't give you quite as much
for your money as our High Visibility Premium Package, but you can
still place any content you desire on each and every one of the pages
you have bought sponsorship rights to (up to a limit of  0.0% of the
available space). Yes, that's right, a full ZERO percent!

When you think of advertising, think of Wikipedia.