[WikiEN-l] hrs after disambig paragraph?

Timwi timwi at gmx.net
Mon Dec 15 05:18:29 UTC 2003

Hi,

I have a question. Short version: do we want a hr (a horizontal rule; a
"----") following a disambiguation sentence at the beginning of an
article, such as "This article is about XYZ; for other meanings, see
articletitle (disambiguation)"?

I always thought those hrs were really ugly and disrupt the overall
structure of the page, because they separate the article title from the
article body in a much more pronounced way than in articles that don't
have this paragraph.

I also always thought that it was commonly agreed to use this format:

:''This article is about XYZ; for other meanings, see articletitle
(disambiguation)''

i.e. to use indentation and no hr.

Hephaestos cast doubt on my thoughts because he reverted my change
(http://en2.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=Angel&action=history),
referring in his edit summary to [[Wikipedia:Disambiguation]] where,
however, I could not find any information about this.

What does everyone else think about this?

Thanks,
Timwi