[WikiEN-l] Re: Sans Seriffe

James Duffy jtdire at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 3 23:24:03 UTC 2003

>Sheldon Rampton
>
> > Yep, it's funny all right. The best part is the actual link to a
> > Guardian article. How did they get that into the Guardian?
>
>Charles wrote:
>Written by Guardian journalists, natch, as a spoof supplement.  An old gag,
>for UK readers; though not as old as the TV documentary reports of the
>spaghetti harvest in Italy (from spaghetti trees).

The famous Panorama report with Richard Dimbleby, which showed women picking
newly 'grown' spaghetti off 'spaghetti trees'. I still buckle up in laughter
everytime I see that broadcast. It was one of the all time great April fool
spoofs.

As to the Sans Seriffe article - bloody brilliant. I haven't laughed as much
in ages. A classic.

JT