[WikiEN-l] Feature suggestion: partial user blocking

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Mon Dec 1 17:20:58 UTC 2003

As Wikien-l administrator, I am forwarding this feature suggestion to
the community for comment. --Ed Poor

Hello.

Still trying to figure out, with others, how to handle vandalism on fr:
Wikipedia, I have a feature suggestion: ability to prevent someone from
editing only encyclopedia pages (namespace 0, i think?), but letting
her/him edit talk pages and such.
This way articles are protected, but still we can talk with the user
through talk pages, or meta pages, something we can't do if we totally
block the user.

It would also make it easier for a user having an ip matching a blocked
vandal's ip to ask for unblocking.

What do you think?

Nicolas 'Ryo'