[WikiEN-l] My vacation, dealing with Lir

Jimmy Wales jwales at bomis.com
Mon Nov 25 15:23:41 UTC 2002

I will be going with my wife and dauther to visit my parents for the
Thanksgiving holidays.  We will be leaving here (Florida) on Tuesday
morning early, and returning the following Monday.  My parents do have
broadband access, so I will be able to get online some, but I won't be
giving my usual daily attention to the mailing list.

I give a greenlight to sysops and developers to continue and extend
the ban on Lir to new i.p.'s, usernames, and the like, as necessary.
If this person continues to post in violation of the ban, then I'll
see what I can do to prevent this vandalism at the source.  This
includes, if necessary, removing Lir from the mailing list in the
event of more smartass defensive remarks.

Try to avoid mistakes.  :-) And try not to argue about it on the list.

I request that we all just take a little break from fussing about Lir,
Lir's user page, etc.  I just protected Lir's user page, to give a
break from people feeling a need to fight about it.  If Lir decides
not to continue at wikipedia in the future, we can just delete the
page permanently, so it really doesn't matter either way what is done
with it now.