[WikiEN-l] lir collateral damage: Stop! In the name of love

Tom Parmenter tompar at world.std.com
Mon Nov 25 03:43:03 UTC 2002

Dear Friends,

Damn, this whole Lir thing is nasty.  Rlee0001 just trashed KQ's user
page while KQ and Clutch were apparently off trashing Lir's user page.

I thoroughly approve of the banning of Lir, a troll's troll, but
dropping "examples of the kind of awful thing Lir would do if Lir were
still here" on Lir's own user pages is piling on.  And so is jumping
all over KQ's user page to do the same back (if, indeed, that is what
KQ and Clutch have been doing, the edit audit and Recent Changes are
such a mess that Solomon couln't sort it out).

As regards Lir and all his/hers/its friends and enemies, in the wise
words of the grand old (copyright) song:

Please Don't Talk About Me When I'm Gone

Words & Music by Clare & Palmer

Please don't talk about me when I'm gone,
Though our friendship ceases from now on.
If you can't say anything that's nice,
Then best don't talk at all is my advice

We'll part and you go your way, I'll go mine,
It's best that we do,
Here's a kiss -- I hope that this
Brings lots of luck to you.

Makes no difference how I carry on,
Please don't talk about me when I'm gone.

Tom Parmenter
Ortolan88