[WikiEN-l] Re: What we need

Jonathan Walther krooger at debian.org
Thu Nov 21 12:08:01 UTC 2002

On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 03:57:08AM -0800, Jimmy Wales wrote:
>> I don't mean to put words in your mouth of course.  I'm just saying that,
>> IMO, Wikipedia is really suffering, and even losing people.  You're in a
>> position to help embolden the most productive members of the project, who
>> it seems to me are, in at least some cases, getting very discouraged.
>
>I agree with all of this, except with your diagnosis of the current
>situation.  Can you show me examples of "anarchists" who are arguing
>that we "we might decide *not* to ban people for their trollish
>behavior at all"?

The Cunctator springs to mind.  As an anarchist myself, I can't say I
agree with him though.

I don't know about Wikipedia "really suffering and losing people", but I
am clear that Lirs efforts create vastly more work than the rest of us
can keep up with in "fixing" her edits.

I mean, her edit to the article on Sir Isaac Newton to include
"prisms"... maybe it might be appropriate to mention prisms in the
article, but the way she did it was like she was just trying to fill
someones shoes with wet sloppy diarrhea.

Jonathan

--
                     Geek House Productions, Ltd.

Phone:   604-435-1205
Email:   djw at reactor-core.org
Webpage: http://reactor-core.org
Address: 2459 E 41st Ave, Vancouver, BC  V5R2W2