[WikiEN-l] Proposed changes (Trojan War)

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Wed Nov 20 13:48:14 UTC 2002

Hello Zoltan,

thanks for your detailed feedback regarding the "Penelope" page. I'll
incorporate the changes you suggested. You may or may not have noticed that
Wikipedia is a collaborative project run by volunteers -- it's a whole encyclopedia
built by hundreds of people from all around the world, in many different
languages. It works by allowing everyone to edit any page (a history of all
changes is kept so that bad edits can be reverted). That way, Wikipedia has become
a quickly growing and evolving repository of human knowledge.

I write this to let you know that you, too, can feel free to make any
changes you consider helpful to the Penelope article and any others you are
interested in. This includes the addition of references, quotes, or whatever you
feel is appropriate. You do not need any special "geeky" knowledge to do so,
it's very simple.

Just go to this page:
http://www.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=Penelope&action=edit

An editing window should pop up which allows you to change the text of the
article. You can write normal text, and if you want to use formatting like
italics, lists etc., there's a page that describes how to do that:

http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia%3AHow_does_one_edit_a_page

We'd appreciate it if you would take a look at pages that interest you, and
try to improve them where you can!

Yours sincerely, and thanks again for your mail,

Erik Moeller

Wikipedia contributor