[WikiEN-l] RE: Lir needs to go

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Mon Nov 18 14:07:43 UTC 2002

Maveric, as always I agree with you -- and you still carry my proxy (i.e., I'll vote with you on this).

We need to craft some written guidelines, a short list of no-no's -- so we can point to it and say, "You've violated this once too many times. Take a day/week/whatever suspension".

We also have to deal with the aftermath of a username ban, should our sponsor, Mr. Wales, agree to such a thing.

A "banned" user might just (a) post anonymously or (b) create a new alias. We would then face the puzzle of correlating the new contributions with the old user; it could get tricky.

Ed Poor