[WikiEN-l] May I be a sysop, please?

Sheldon Rampton sheldon.rampton at verizon.net
Tue Dec 31 22:08:16 UTC 2002

Hi there...Sheldon Rampton here. I'm a relative newbie to Wikipedia,
but I'd like permission to be a sysop anyway.

I am making this request because I am in the process of creating my
own separate project, a "Disinfopedia" that will be modeled after
Wikipedia. In addition to the Wikipedia software, I would also like
to use or adapt a number of protected pages (e.g., guidelines on how
to create an article). I am not planning to make any changes to those
pages as they exist in Wikipedia, but in order to cut-and-paste the
information into my own project, I will need sysop status.

If you need any further information about my bona fides, I am the
editor and webmaster for PR Watch (www.prwatch.org).

Thanks!
--