[Wikide-l] RE: Wikipedia kann man auch bearbeiten?

Tobias Hesse tobiashesse at gmx.net
Di Jul 20 18:37:14 UTC 2004

Ich habe den folgenden Text mal unter [Wikitech-l] gepostet:

Betreff: suggestion from [Wikide-l]

Hello!

We have been discussing the following problem on [Wikide-l]:

In the German-speaking countries de.wikipedia.org is used quite frequently
to do research. More and more we are also linked in online magazines or even

referenced in printed publications. Whatismore, many visitors reach us from
google (we have got a very good rank for many key words) and then have no
idea what the Wikipedia is about. They find useful data at the Wikipedia but
often times - not to say most of the time - but don't know that everybody
can edit articles. We aren't too concerned about the ones that believe
everything even the rare facts that might be incorrect because nobody has
revised them but we think that more people would use the opportunity to
amend articles than do already today.

We therefore would like to introduce a small JavaScript-script into the
German wikipedia pages that shows a small text about the wiki principle to
everybody reaching with an external referrer. First we thought about making
realizing this via a php-Script but this would increase the load the server
has to deal with whereas a JavaScript-script that is stored in every file
coulod be cached.

We know that there are still some browser out there that have problems with
the more elaborate JavaScript-scripts but this probably is a problem of the
not-so-widely-used, non-MS browsers. But then we figured that most of the
time - and we know that this involves a lot of generalizing -  those, who
know the internet well use alternative browser and that those, who know the
internet well, know at least a little about Wikipedia and the wiki
principle.

Has any of the developers any objections against anything like this? I'll
post the script later on as it is still in development.

Best regards

Wotan

Noch ist er allerdings nicht sichtbar, weil ich noch auf die
Moderatorfreigabe warte...

MfG

wotan