[Wikide-l] Teile(?) der Wikipedia bei DocCheck

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Sa Nov 29 23:16:07 UTC 2003

Und hier die Meinung unseres Wikipedia-Rechtsexperten:

http://mail.wikipedia.org/pipermail/wikilegal-l/2003-November/000084.html
Zitat:
Usually people who are stating that you must "strictly" comply are wrong.
Under US common law, generally speaking,  the interpretation of legal
texts  is what is "reasonable". Thus usually (but not necessarily always)
a judge  would listen to an argument that one is acting in the "spirit of
the law," even if it appears that one is not following the "letter of the
law". In this case I would argue that the spirit of the law is to provide
a link to the authors, because on a wiki the number of authors of a page
can be a prohibitively long list, thus a reference to the list of authors
should satisfy the GFDL. It would be interesting to see someone litigate
this, but I doubt that they would prevail over the above argument.

Er ist der Meinung, dass ein Link auf die History ausreichen sollte, um
den Geist der FDL im Rechtssinne erfolgreich auszufüllen.

MfG
EMÖ