[Wikidata] missing labels

Info WorldUniversity info at worlduniversityandschool.org
Tue Dec 1 16:59:19 UTC 2015

Gerard and Wikidatans,

DragonBox Algebra's approach to dragging "tiles" to explain algebraic
concepts in a computer game for 5-12 years old might be one basis for such
a game. It's when we can do this without words or gestures that new fun
will emerge. I tried Brainfingers, a brain wave headset, in Greece in 2007
(Andrew Junkers is the inventor), and with 3 sensors on the forehead, and
without language or gestures, I and any end user could pick letters from a
keyboard on a computer screen to spell words (e.g. "HELLO WORLD"), but the
end user needed to be able to relax fully to use the device (e.g. Andrew
Junker tried it with physicist Stephen Hawking at Cambridge, who has ALS,
and who uses other technologies to communicate, but Hawking was too
agitated with his disease to be able to successfully use Brainfingers). It
would be great to wiki-add "a label when we know a person is from a given
country and when it does not have a label in the language of the land," in
a brain wave headset manner (e.g. Brainfingers - and there are many such
devices) - and as a kind of game eventually.

Scott

On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 12:02 AM, Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hoi,
> Is it possible to ask people to add a label when we know a person is from
> a given country and when it does not have a label in the language of the
> land?
>
> Is it possible to make a game out of it?
> Thanks,
>      GerardM

- Scott MacLeod - Founder & President

- http://worlduniversityandschool.org

- World University and School - like Wikipedia with best STEM-centric
OpenCourseWare - incorporated as a nonprofit university and school in
California, and is a U.S. 501 (c) (3) tax-exempt educational organization.