[Wikidata-l] A common, open access, human and computer readable data pool for scientist

JFC Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Thu Apr 5 10:48:10 UTC 2012

Lydia wrote:
>I would like that this project could serve in that manner
>the scientific community and provide standards for submission of data
>for scientist. Any plans in this direction?

The en.wikipedia page on "big data" should give the answers, if it
was kept current with the current "Big Data Research and Development
Initiative" buzz of the world
(http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2012/03/29/big-data-big-deal), in
France (http://www.bigdataparis.com/fr-index.php), etc.

>Hi! It is up to the community to later decide what goes into Wikidata
>and what doesn't.  So I can't give you a "yes this will be ok" or "no
>this will not happen".  However if this is not going to happen in Wikidata
>itself there is probably demand for a separate instance where this would
>be possible.

Lydia,

are you not afraid that an upside-down ("past to possible") rather
than a "possible from present" approach is to limitate us? Once we
have finalized Wikidata as a data-store, we will have decided of its
output/inout capacities.

jfc