[Wikibots-l] .YU domain transition

Platonides platonides at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 22:54:52 UTC 2009

Nikola Smolenski wrote:
> Thanks, Platonides, for CCing here, even though it appears that the list is
> dead :(

Indeed, but it's targetting the appropiate people IMHO.
I expect they're still subscribed :-)

>> Some more equivalences:
>
>> www.budva.cg.yu www.budva.rs
>> spc.org.yu www.spc.rs
>> www.oks.org.yu www.oks.org.rs
>> www.kikinda.org.yu www.kikinda.rs
>> www.ds.org.yu www.ds.org.rs
>> www.nbs.yu www.nbs.rs
>> www.serbia.sr.gov.yu www.srbija.gov.rs
>> eunet.yu eunet.rs
>> www.zastava-arms.co.yu www.zastava-arms.co.rs
>> www.airportnis.co.yu www.airportnis.rs
>> www.danas.co.yu www.danas.rs	[Archive links don't seem to work]
>
> Note that for the list I made, I have actually checked whether the site is
> otherwise the same and whether all the links to subpages will continue to
> work. I can't say if the same is true for these sites and what is the best
> thing to do where it isn't.

I just checked thay they seemed to be the same site (I detected sedo
domains but wouldn'nt a mirror), and looked at the internal pages, but
many links on the wiki were just for the main page, so didn't went
further on them. Some sites have the same content on both domains, other
redirect one to the other, and yet others as airportnis, place a flash
redirect :P (but as the link was just for the main page, seems
acceptable to fix it on an early run). Other pages were 404 on .yu so I
linked to Internet Archive.
And also, there're many domains which I don't have a clue where they may
finally get :-)