[Wikibots-l] bots and proxy

Rob W.W. Hooft rob at hooft.net
Fri Oct 21 09:47:27 UTC 2005

Andre Engels wrote:
> 2005/10/21, Koen Huybrechts <huybkoen at gmail.com>:
>
>>I'm using the wikibots regulary, but sometimes I am behind a
>>proxy-server, and then the bot won't work... Is there a way to get it
>>working also behind the proxy?? Is this function already implemented?
>

> I have had complaints about that before, but I have no idea how to
> resolve it, sorry.

urllib.py gets the environment variables XXXX_proxy and uses those. For
us, this would mean that setting http_proxy in the environment to
something like http://proxy.host.domain:80/ should make the bot go
through that proxy. I guess this works the same on Windows systems as it
does on unix, but I have never tried it.

Rob

--
Rob W.W. Hooft  ||  rob at hooft.net  ||  http://www.hooft.net/people/rob/