[treasurers] Welcome, and introductions

Delphine Ménard delphine.menard at wikimedia.de
Tue Jan 3 15:12:22 UTC 2012

Hello all,

First of all, many wishes for the new year, may it bring you lots of fun
challenges and happiness.

My name is Delphine Ménard and I have been the treasurer of Wikimedia
Deutschland since November last year.
I have been around the Wikimedia movement since 2004 and have served
twice on Wikimedia France's board (2006 and 2009), once as a treasurer
(2009) before handing it all to Thierry.
As I live in Germany, I decided in 2010 to run for the board of
Wikimedia Deutschland and have been a board member there ever since,
this is my third mandate within WMDE (due to bylaw changes and calendar
mayhaps, the previous 2 terms were quite short).
I also worked for the Foundation as Chapters coordinator in for 2 years,
in 2007-2008.
(none of those positions overlapped!)

I have long worked in marketing, event management and communication, in
various agencies in France before moving to Germany where I started a
consulting business for intercultural communication, in which I help
companies overcome the difficulties that working with and/or within
different cultures bring along. I also have a little web design business
focused on making small websites for wine producers.

Ever since I have joined Wikimedia, i have been interested mostly in
organisation development, on a wide scale, chapters and Foundation
alike. Although we have come a long way, there are still a lot of open
questions that need answering, both on the accountability and fund
dissemination topics.

Having been the treasurer of a "growing chapter", just at the time where
Wikimedia France shifted from the "small non-profit focused on bake
sales" to "big organisation in need of financial audit and with several
100k€ budget" and now being the treasurer of a "big well developped and
functional chapter with staff", I have quite a broad view of what it
might be to be the treasurer of a Wikimedia Chapter. Believe it or not,
it's actually easier to be the treasurer of a big chapter than that of a
small(ish) one :).

I look forward to exchanging ideas and opinions on this list and hope
that we can be a part of making sure that Wikimedia grows to be
sustainable and accountable, both to its donors and its mission, as well
as organisationally functional on an international level.

Best,

Delphine

--
Delphine Ménard
Schatzmeisterin

http://spenden.wikimedia.de/

Eingetragen im Vereinsregister des Amtsgerichts
Berlin-Charlottenburg unter der Nummer 23855 B. Als gemeinnützig
anerkannt durch das Finanzamt für Körperschaften I Berlin, Steuernummer
27/681/51985.