[treasurers] Welcome, and introductions

Samat samat78 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 23:45:17 UTC 2011

Hi All,

My real name is Tamás Mészöly, my nickname is Samat.

I contribute to Hungarian Wikipedia for almost 5 years as administrator and
bureaucrat, where I was active in community activities, organizing
programs, operating a bot, but I got interested more and more in PR and
educating of Wikipedia and in relations between Wikipedia and other
organizations, archives, governmental institutes etc. I am a founding
member of Wikimedia Hungary and I was the executive vice president of the
chapter in the first two year term.

Now I am the first (part-time) employee of our chapter as office manager
(in practice from January 2012), and one of my task is helping out the
Board (included our Treasurer).

I am an engineer, so I am not graduated or well-known in
financial/accounting area, but I'd like to be well informed and I'd like to
be familiar with thinking of WMF or best practices of other chapters. I
hope this list help us getting closer.

My English is far from perfect, so I am usually shy and read-only on
international lists, but if you have any question, I am here :)

Tamás Mészöly
User:Samat