[treasurers] Welcome, and introductions

Moel moel.tj at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 11:51:33 UTC 2011

Allow me to introduce myself,

My name is Mulwardi Tjitra, easier to be called "Moel" as nick-name.
I was on my break of office-routine when WMID was looking for a Project
admnistrator. Being an active editor at id.wiki, I am easily "hook" for
the position which then lead as treasurer.

With WMID, I learn a lot regarding "NGO's accounting transparencies" as
I do not have any experience on non-profit thingy.

The more I "play" with the platform [MediaWiki] for accounting reports
etc.. I learn the importance of having a transparent financial
information [perhaps not 100% due to certain sensitive information etc -
though this should be reconsider]

When Stu mentioned about the "treasurer-list", I am so happy .. knowing
or hoping that I would learn much more about how other chapters do their
financial reports .. and the possibilities of having a shared
information about it. Of course, I am looking forward to meet other in
person for a beer [or two] when the chance permits me for next-year
Wikimania.

I also hope that with this list, we could share various idea towars [as
what Stu has mentioned] "Best practices around governance/transparency
in the movement" ..

Cheers,

Moel