[Translators-l] New Wikimedia licensing terms ready to translate

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Wed Jun 24 17:49:47 UTC 2009

Hello all,

the new CC-BY-SA site terms for Wikimedia wikis are ready to be
translated through the WikimediaMessages extension:

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Special:Code/MediaWiki/52361

The messages are wikimedia-copyright, wikimedia-copyrightwarning, and
wikimedia-editpage-tos-summary.I've contacted Siebrand and Gerard from
TranslateWiki and we hope they can be made available through the
translatewiki.net interface soon.

We anticipate pushing these to Wikimedia wikis as early as Monday,
June 29, if at all possible. At that time, all eligible wikis will
show the new message; English messages will be shown if no translation
is available by then.

These are very important legal messages, so to the extent that you can
double-check the translations, please do so. They need to be
translated literally, and the terms of use URL needs to point to the
Wikimedia Foundation copy. If you don't feel confident to translate
them, please leave the English version in place for now. Note that
these messages _only_ apply to Wikimedia sites; they won't be shown in
any other MediaWiki installation.

Further background at:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Licensing_update/Implementation

Thanks for all help! :-)