[Toolserver-l] Repositories for bot code

Marcin Cieslak saper at saper.info
Tue Sep 6 09:14:10 UTC 2011

>> Dr. Trigon <dr.trigon at surfeu.ch> wrote:
>
> ...but I need exact the outdated pywikipedia checkout... ;))
>
> (ok in fact it's a drtrigobot checkout which is based on
> pywikipedia)

I looked at your SVN (in case we'd like to create
a shared repository or put it into Pywiki's SVN) and I, too,
found that you have actually your own copy of pywikipedia
there. Are there any local changes that would need to be
included in the mainline?

By the way, I and couple of other bot operators
from plwiki decided to share our code in a single repository.
We are using mercurial for that and it's publicly available:

http://bitbucket.org/plwiki/bot/

Pywikipedia-based code, Perl code and Common Lisp is available.
Also some code for my wikipedia-related IRC bots is available there as
well.

I never include pywikipedia snapshot in the repository,
I have an SVN checkout in $HOME/wikipieda/pywikipedia and
it's included in $PYTHONPATH so all imports work.

(If somebody would like to store their code in the above repository,
just email me privately with your bitbucket ID).

//Saper