[Toolserver-l] performance issues

Carl (CBM) cbm.wikipedia at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 12:55:07 UTC 2011

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 9:50 AM, Ja Ga <jaga_x_1 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> So, is anyone else seeing really horrible mysql performance on s1? I heard
> a mysql upgrade introduced regressions, but I'm seeing queries take 2x - 3x
> as long, sometimes worse.
> <https://wiki.toolserver.org/view/Mailing_list_etiquette>

Another problem that has started to appear very recently is that sometimes
s1 (or sql-s1-user at least) seems to disappear. I got the following error
from a perl script on willow in the past 8 hours:

DBI
connect('database=p_enwp10:host=sql-s1-user:mysql_read_default_file=/home/project/e/n/w/enwp10/.my.cnf','',...)
failed: Unknown MySQL server host 'sql-s1-user' (0) at
database_routines.plline 627
Couldn't connect to database: Unknown MySQL server host 'sql-s1-user' (0)
at database_routines.pl line 627.

- Carl