[Toolserver-l] performance issues

Carl (CBM) cbm.wikipedia at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 16:29:23 UTC 2011

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 9:50 AM, Ja Ga <jaga_x_1 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> So, is anyone else seeing really horrible mysql performance on s1? I heard
> a mysql upgrade introduced regressions, but I'm seeing queries take 2x - 3x
> as long, sometimes worse.

Yes. On the 25th, the following query of mine was killed after 1700 seconds:

  SELECT ns_id, ns_name FROM toolserver.namespacename  where (ns_type =
'canonical' or ns_type = 'primary') and dbname = 'enwiki_p'

That should be an extremely fast query; there is an index on dbname. I
reported similar problems a little while ago on this list. I get many other
notices about killed queries that should not have problems.

- Carl