[Toolserver-l] Moving to Apache?

Tim Landscheidt tim at tim-landscheidt.de
Tue Nov 29 01:56:38 UTC 2011

(anonymous) wrote:

>>   I haven't tested it, but the possibility to "SetEnv
>> PERL5LIB" in an ".htaccess" file should be an elegant solu-
>> tion to this, and according to the Zeus documentation, there
>> seems to be no such thing in ZWS.

> #!/usr/bin/perl
> BEGIN {
>   if ( $ENV{SERVER_SOFTWARE} =~ /Apache/ ) {
> 	use lib '/foo/bar/baz';
>   } else {
> 	use lib '/quux/fuzzle/wuzzle';
>   }
> }

> have not tried, but dont see why it wouldn't work.

I'm not looking for a working solution (there's no shortage
of those), but a simple and elegant one :-).  Testing the
software at home and on nightshade, offline and online gives
already four cases to consider, and this as any other work-
around hard-codes paths and server configurations as well.

  Even more straight-forward would be to replace the Perl
script with a shell script that justs set "PERL5LIB" and
then calls the former.

Tim