[Toolserver-l] SSH login issue

MZMcBride z at mzmcbride.com
Sat Jun 18 15:46:44 UTC 2011

Jimmy Xu wrote:
> Recently I'm experiencing some problems trying to login to toolserver.
> The SSH log says:
>
> [...]
> debug1: Authentications that can continue:
> publickey,password,keyboard-interactive,hostbased
> debug1: Next authentication method: publickey
> debug1: Offering RSA public key: /home/jimmy/.ssh/id_rsa
> debug1: Server accepts key: pkalg ssh-rsa blen 277
> Connection closed by 2620:0:862:101::2:4
> jimmy at vangogh:~$

I don't think you've pasted the exact command you're running. That might
help debug.

> Had someone add my pubkey to his authorized_keys but the problem persists.

I don't know what this means.

It seems to me that your whole home directory (/home/jimmy/) has funky
permissions. My guess is that this is the cause of your problems. I would
suggest filing a ticket in JIRA (<https://jira.toolserver.org>) to get a
Toolserver root to investigate your problem.

DaB. has said that your account isn't expired. That was another guess of
mine. The last guess I had was that there's something blocking SSH access on
your local network. Have you tried logging in from elsewhere?

MZMcBride