[Toolserver-l] output buffer flushing broken

Ryan Kaldari kaldari at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 19:43:55 UTC 2011

Ever since the servers were moved to Solaris I haven't been able to get
output buffer flushing in PHP to work at all. I've tried all the usual
solutions: using implicit flushing, filling the buffer with 100000 chars
before the flush, using ob_flush() and flush() together, setting
output_buffering to 0, cleaning all the active buffers, making sure output
compression is off, etc. but nothing will work. I had no problems with this
a few months ago. Unfortunately, I need this to work for a toolserver tool
that is going to be heavy used during the Wikipedia 10th Anniversary
celebration this weekend. Here are a couple of basic test-case scripts that
won't work for me on the toolserver:

http://pastebin.com/sAwnvJrZ  // manual flushing
http://pastebin.com/TuKM14av  // implicit flushing

If anyone can get either of these test scripts working on the toolserver,
please let me know ASAP. Thanks!

Ryan Kaldari