[Toolserver-l] cronsub

Dr. Trigon dr.trigon at surfeu.ch
Sat Jan 8 14:19:55 UTC 2011

Hello all
Hello River

1st Thanks for the fast reply. After reading it and also some older
posts I was able to figure out a 'chmod 744' is needed on my python
script BUT ALSO THE ADDITION OF '#!/usr/bin/env python' AS FIRST LINE
in the script IS NEEDED.

2nd I switched to 'cronie' (thanks for the installation ;)

3rd My next problem is:

=================

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/sge62/default/spool/wolfsbane/job_scripts/118077", line 43, in
<module>
    import wikipedia, config, query, pagegenerators
ImportError: No module named wikipedia
=================

when running:

'qsub $HOME/pywikipedia/runbotrun.py -cron'

which is the equivalent to:

'0 2 * * * cronsub -s mainbot $HOME/pywikipedia/runbotrun.py -cron'

in my cron(ie)tab file. But it seams that the change you mentioned
"Previously, SGE would copy the job script to a shared directory"
does not trigger for 'qsub'... I assume the both tools to have the
same behaviour, since I thought I can use 'qsub' to test my crontab
entries... But may be I'm wrong here.

Greetings! And thanks for your help!
Dr.Trigon