[Toolserver-l] Toolserver Intuition: non-PHP projects

Purodha Blissenbach toolserver-l.wikipedia.org at publi.purodha.net
Mon Apr 11 21:52:00 UTC 2011

Merlijn van Deen wrote:
> Would it be possible just to use translatewiki to export python-based
> translations? Pywikipediabot currently uses this for some of its
> translations. It does not support plurals at the moment, though, as it's a
> simple dictionary-based system ({'translatewiki-key': {'lang': 'value'}})

Generally, translatewiki.net can do that, and is already doing it for some
pywikipediabot pieces, with likely more to come.

I expect that we shall have a PLURAL implementation in python as well
some time in the future.

I have not investigated that, but I assume, we have some similar
functionality in JavaScript in the new ressource loader context already.

--
Greetings - Purodha