[Toolserver-l] Toolserver Intuition - Tech spec (Toolserver goes I18N!)

Purodha Blissenbach toolserver-l.wikipedia.org at publi.purodha.net
Fri Apr 8 17:13:07 UTC 2011

On Friday, 8. April 2011 03:35:42 Purodha Blissenbach wrote:
Krinkle wrote:
> * Direction (Get which direction a language is, LTR or RTL). Handy
> when constructing your <html> element:

The function getDir() doe not exist currently.

Since directionality is a function of script, it might be wise and come handy,
to associate a script code with languages, too. I known, some (very few)
languages have several scripts, even ones with differing directionality.
In these cases, a script subtag or country subtag is needed anyways for the
language from which one can determine the directionality.

Greetings - Purodha
--
Greetings - Purodha