[Toolserver-l] user-store disk usage

Kay Drangmeister kay at drangmeister.net
Fri Sep 10 09:21:02 UTC 2010

Am 09.09.2010, 23:28 Uhr, schrieb Peter Körner <osm-lists at mazdermind.de>:
> Am 09.09.2010 23:04, schrieb Colin Marquardt:
>> I always wanted to make the rendering dynamic (and then
>> never expire the tiles)
> It should not be to hard to write your own renderer.

I wrote a WMS server for this, it's easy.

But I have the problems that with mod_tile+tirex, my tiles always
expire, and I don't know why. I've set all timeouts to dozens of weeks,
but they keep expiring after 1 day or so.

It MIGHT have something to do that I purge and fill my database
daily, and so it assumes that the data changed, and triggers a
dirty state, but I found neigher indication of this, nor documentation,
nor log entries, debugging possibilities or similar.

So I consider switching back to tilecache, sadly.

Kind regards,
Kay