[Toolserver-l] user-store disk usage

Frederic Schutz schutz at mathgen.ch
Tue Sep 7 14:11:35 UTC 2010

River Tarnell wrote:

> If you are currently using disk space on user-store, please check your usage
> and delete any unneeded files.  There is only 70GB of space left on the volume
> now.
>
> (I will produce a more detailed report of who's using space later...)

I can save you some time:

   $ du -h /mnt/user-store/stats
   822G	/mnt/user-store/stats

==> over 20% of the data is mine...

This contains the raw data for the consultation statistics for all
projects. It can easily be cleaned, since there is data starting in
January 2009 in there. But I'd be glad to know who uses it, and if
people only use the most recent files, or if some of them use the
archives -- so that I know what can be cleaned (it could even be done
automatically).

I remember there were discussions about having some dedicated space for
these files (and a more accessible version of them), I don't know if
this went anywhere ?

Just in case, I keep a copy of all older files, and can provide them to
anyone who would need them. In the recent past, I did not want to remove
them, because there were not too many copies of them around, and I was
glad to have a copy on the toolserver, but the WMF has now downloaded a
copy of them, so I don't mind so much deleting them

Frédéric