[Toolserver-l] Golem issues

Анастасия Львова stasielvova at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 14:41:16 UTC 2010

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 7:36 PM, Daniel Schwen <lists at schwen.de> wrote:
>> to obtain timely data. During these periods the number of isolated articles
>> usually grows, and the growth gradually turns to decline once the Golem
>> being started to work again. So, it means, that any idle period of Golem
> Just out of curiosity. How exactly does Golem help here? It is quite a
> leap from detecting isolated article clusters to actually linking
> them. Can you please describe the process how Golem helps authors?

Besides identifying problems, Golem also helps solving them. The site
([[tools:~lvova]]) allows to view the list of isolated articles in
nearly every possible way - sorted by name, category, cluster type,
author. The hints for each isolated article provide suggestions as to
where the article may be referenced: the notion is probable to occur
in a simple search result, or the link that might lead to this article
at present erroneously points to an disambig. Also interwiki provides
information on articles from other language editions that reference
the same article in another language, and, finally, a list of articles
for creation (or translation) is provided, that would allow the
long-sought reference.

In order to easily inform isolated and dead-end article authors about
the problem and tell them about a site that can help, we add
respective templates to articles in Russian and Ukranian Wikipedia.
The template "isolated article" forms a link to a site page containing
suggestions on linking this very article.

--
regadrs, Lvova